Films on the Fringe
Congratulations to the 2019 winners!
On July 25, the Fringe Club patio hosted the second annual Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase, presented by the Downtown Hamilton BIA. Eleven films by filmmakers from Hamilton and the surrounding area were screened, and the top three finalists were announced live. Congratulations to the winner and runners up:
▪ Chad Allen with The Blind Date, Winner
2019 SHORT FILM SUBMISSIONS are now closed.
Films on the Fringe, presented by the Downtown Hamilton Business Improvement Area, offers Hamiltonians two opportunities to enjoy films under the stars at our new Fringe Club. Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase took place on Thursday, July 25, 2019. The winning filmmaker received a cash prize of $200. The winner and two runners up each received a Fringe Binge Pass for the 2019 Festival (provides access to six shows of the user’s choice).
Rules and Regulations:
- To Apply: an application fee of $15 applies to all submissions. Payment details can be found in the submission link.
- Applicants may submit up to two projects
- The runtime of films may not exceed 24 minutes, including credits
- All genres will be accepted
- Applicants must reside in Canada
- Any current members of the corporation of the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company (aka The Hamilton Fringe Festival) are not eligible to participate in this contest
- The long list of works selected to be screened at the Shorts Showcase will be announced in our newsletter and by social media
- An industry jury will be comprised to select a winner and two runners up
- It not required that you are in Hamilton during the evening.
- The winner and two runners up will be announced at the Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase on Thursday, July 25, 2019, at the new Fringe Club
- Submissions are due by Friday, June 21, 2019