24 Hour Fundraiser
THE HAMILTON FRINGE FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES OUR FIRST 24-HOUR PLAYWRITING FUNDRAISER!
We are pleased to announce our winners for our first 24-Hour Playwriting Fundraiser!
First Place: The End of July By: Sarah O’Connor
Second Place: Buying Back St. Benedict By: Brian Gilmour
Third Place: Up: Fire and Rain in July By: Jenn Weatherall
The winners will have staged readings at the Players’ Guild of Hamilton on Friday May 13 as part of our #turning13 celebration. Tickets are $12.00 online or $13.00 at the door. All proceeds go to the Hamilton Fringe Festival. Tickets are available here.
*Please note: some of the plays have mature themes and strong language
On May 6-7 the Hamilton Fringe launched our very first 24-hour playwriting fundraiser. We invited submissions from both emerging and established playwrights residing or living within 100km of Hamilton.
- Scripts must be in electronic format, written in 12-point font, with page numbers and a character breakdown. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME on the script.
- Scripts must be original works
- Scripts must be submitted with your name, contact information and play title in the body of the e-mail to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Saturday May 7.
- 3 specific key elements will be e-mailed to participants at 5:00 p.m. on Friday May 6 that MUST be included in your play
- There is an entry fee of $25.00 per playwright, all proceeds will go to the Hamilton Fringe Festival
- Playwrights will be encouraged (but not required) to procure sponsors for the Hamilton Fringe to support them in their quest to go 24 hours without sleep and actually write a play.
- The Hamilton Fringe Festival is not able to cover travel expenses should the winner be from outside of Hamilton
- Submission deadline: Sunday May 1.
- Submission forms can be found here.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 24-HOUR FUNDRAISER SPONSORS: