Apply to the Festival
The 15th annual Hamilton Fringe July 19-29, 2018
Accepting applications: October 16 – December 8, 2017
Cost to apply:
Application fee of $25 + participation fee:
60 minute slots: $650
90 minute slots: $750
Gallery mini-Series Slots: $350
BYOV and Site Specific: sliding scale based on seating capacity
- 299 seats or less $450
- 300-449 seats = $525
- 449+ seats= $600
A few General Rules before you start:
- You may not submit more than one application to the Fringe.
- The Company Name, Primary Contact, and Secondary Contact cannot be changed once submitted.
- The Primary and Secondary contacts of a company cannot be the Primary and Secondary contacts for a second company.
- If an individual/company submits more than one application, ALL relevant applications will be removed from the lottery, and no refund will be given for the lottery application fee.
- If the Primary Contact cannot continue with a production, we reserve the right to withdraw it from the Festival.
- Companies are not allowed to sell or transfer their spot to another company. If we find that they have, both companies will be removed from The Festival and will forfeit 100% of their fees.
- You can apply for any of the following categories that apply to you/your show:
- Ontario 60 Minutes
- Ontario 90 Minutes
- National 60 Minutes
- International 60 Minutes
- Gallery mini-Series 20 minutes
Once you select a category, you will be asked to download your Agreement with the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company. The full list of rules and regulations are included in this document, including Production Rights and Permissions, stipulations for International Applicants, Schedule Show & Length, Tickets and Revenue, etc.
Please read thoroughly and download a copy for your records.
You will be asked to confirm that you have read and agree to the policies outlined in this document.
Applications: Open on October 16, 2017 on Eventotron
How to Apply to the 2018 Hamilton Fringe Lottery:
We recommend having all crucial details (Company Name, Primary and Secondary Contact, and Lottery Category) confirmed before you begin the application. You do not need a show title to enter the Lottery (but please enter TBC with your company name in the field).
We also advise not clicking back or forward on your browser as your answers will be lost.
- Go to eventotron.com and register for an account. If you have applied for other festivals that are hosted by Eventotron (ex: Toronto Fringe, Edmonton Fringe), you will already have an Eventotron account and can Log In, on the left.
- Once you are registered and logged in to Eventotron, you will see a listing of festivals at the top of the home page. Click on the Hamilton Fringe Festival
- You are now at the Hamilton Fringe 2018 Lottery Application form. Read through the instructions and lottery details at the top of the page. If you already have a project in Eventotron, you can choose to “Apply with an existing event”, otherwise choose “Create a new event”where you will enter a title for your project then click Next. You can input “TBC with your company name” if you do not have a title.
- The application form will now be opened fully and your name will appear as “Primary Admin Contact.” You can now input the rest of the application information as requested. Please note: You will be asked to submit a “Company Name,” which will be credited as the Producing Company in the Fringe Program and printing materials. This name cannot be changed once your application is submitted.
- You will be asked to select an Application Category:
- Ontario 60 minute
- National 60 minute
- International 60 minute
- 90 minute
- Gallery mini-Series – 20 minute
- Site Specific
- Once you select a category, you will be asked to download your Agreement with the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company.
Please read thoroughly and download a copy for your records. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and agree to the policies outlined in this document.
- You will need to fill out the rest of the application as it applies to your specific category.
- When this is complete you will be prompted to select your Payment Method to the Hamilton Fringe. You may either pay by credit card or by submitting two cheques. Please read carefully through the conditions of both payment methods before proceeding. If you selected “Credit Card”, you will now be prompted to enter your credit card information. Please ensure that there are adequate funds on the card listed to cover (1) the $25 Lottery Application fee, charged immediately when the application is submitted, and (2) the appropriate Participation Fee for the Fringe, which will be charged on December 12 only if your lottery number is selected on December 11.
- Once you click submit, wait a moment for a short confirmation message from us, and you’ve officially entered the lottery! We will email you the day of the lottery (December 11) with your lottery number so you can check the results.
Good luck and see you at the Mills Hardware (95 King St E) for the Lottery Party on December 11 at 7pm!