Apply to the Festival
The 14th annual Hamilton Fringe July 20-30, 2017- Apply today!
The 2017 General Lottery and the Gallery mini-Series Lottery is now CLOSED.
The participants in each category were drawn live at the Lottery Party on Monday December 12th at 7pm at Mills Hardware, 95 King St. E.
The Bring Your Own Venue slots have also all been filled.
The applications to the Site Specific Theatre section will close on Friday March 31, 2017, or when the two slots have been filled, whichever comes first.
SITE SPECIFIC THEATRE
(2 slots available)
The Site Specific Theatre slots are reserved for companies that are creating shows to take place in a non-traditional theatre venue.
Want to create a show about a barista that takes place in a coffee shop?
Or tell a story about a fleeting love story that takes place in a hotel room?
This is the category for you!
The Hamilton Fringe considers a show SITE-SPECIFIC based on the following criteria:
- The show is created to take place in a particular, non-traditional performance venue
- The show could not take place in a traditional theatre space
- The show uses the properties, qualities, and/or history of the space to inform the content
- The show helps to reveal or highlight our intricate relationships to physical space and our environment
Site-Specific Theatre applications must go through a two-step process:
- Interested applicants must fill out an Application Questionnaire to determine the eligibility of their proposed production within the site-specific category.
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, the applicant will be instructed on how to submit their Participation Fee to the festival.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to approval by the Hamilton Fringe Festival.
Applications DUE: Friday, March 31, 2017
OR until all slots are filled, whichever comes first.