How Do I Fringe?
There is so much to see and do at the Hamilton Fringe– it helps to be prepared!
1. Start at the Fringe Club: located in Gore Park, the Fringe Club is at the very centre of the Fringe! A social gathering place where Fringe artists and audiences come to meet, to eat and drink, and share tips on which Fringe shows to see. With nightly entertainment, draft beer deals with your Fringe Backer Button, and Fringe programs on hand- this is the place to check out before you head out to Fringe!
2. Keep up to date! Check out our Facebook and Twitter Pages to get the latest updates on Fringe happenings. Pick up a Fringe Program (printed in the Hamilton Spectator the Saturday before the Fringe) at any of the Fringe venues. Read the full reviews on Raise the Hammer and chat up fellow patrons at the Fringe Club to catch up on the word-of-mouth buzz.
3. Fringe Backer Button: Everyone needs one! A one-time purchase of a Fringe Backer Button ($5) is required of all patrons. Pin it to your bag or your favourite jacket and show it off each time you go to the Fringe. You won’t be able to get in the door without it! Buttons are available at all Fringe venues.
4. Tickets and Passes: If you’re planning to see one of the more popular Fringe shows you may want to get your tickets online in advance. (please note: online advance tickets are subject to service charges)
50% of the seats are held until one hour before the show- so get to the venue early!
You can also check out some of the Fringe Value Passes: the popular Fringe Binge Pass (6 shows for $54), the 10 show Pass (10 shows for $80), and the Mini-Series Pass (3 mini-series shows for $24) or sign up to volunteer and earn FREE tickets to shows!
5. Adventure! Take a chance and see something that intrigues you – or something you know nothing about. Risk! Leap! It is the true spirit of Fringe. And with most shows under an hour and ticket prices ranging from $5-14 each- it is a low risk adventure. And a great chance to discover hidden festival gems!