Stage Directions: Second Edition
Stage Directions: Imagining the next steps for theatre in Hamilton
(An Open Space Meeting)
How do we build a better, stronger theatre culture in Hamilton?
Who is responsible?
What is your role?
What does the future look like?
In March 2014, about 60 artists from the Greater Hamilton Region gathered together for a full day of discussion about the future of theatre in Hamilton.
The day was filled with dynamic and passionate dialogue about the state of the performing arts in the city. This meeting of minds led to the formation of several fruitful partnerships and the launch of a series of new programs.
So we have decided to do it again.
On Saturday March 14th from 10am-5pm, we invite the theatre and performing arts communities in Hamilton to gather for an ‘Open Space’ meeting to talk about the future.
Do you want to help direct growth in the Hamilton theatre community?
Let’s get together and talk about it.
Join in the discussions! Connect with like-minded people!
How do ‘Open Space’ meetings work?
- Open Space is a meeting style meant to harness the intelligence and passion of the people in the room.
- Participants meet all together, and then form smaller groups around their specific area of interest. Much unscripted dialogue to follow! Then we join up again to share ideas for growth.
- The agenda is set on the day by you – the passionate people who show up to talk, plan, scheme, and get things done.
Who will be there?
- Everyone who is a stakeholder in the community is invited to attend!
- Actors, directors, designers, writers, producers, musicians, singers, performing artists, translators, technicians, dancers, teachers…..
- Anyone interested in the theatre culture in Hamilton!
- Anyone passionate to see it grow…
Date: Saturday March 14, 2015
Location: Players Guild of Hamilton
Advance registration is required. Limited space available. The event filled up very quickly in 2014. Please BOOK EARLY to avoid disappointment.
A dynamic way to affect understanding and aspirations in our theatre community. Be a part of this vital process!
*please note: This is a FULL-DAY event. Pizza lunch will be provided!
Stage Directions 2015 is presented by the following partner organizations:
Cobalt Connects, Hamilton Arts Council, Hamilton Fringe Festival, The Player’s Guild, Theatre Aquarius