2020 VISUAL FRINGE APPLICATIONS are now open.
Click HERE to apply
CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS
Hamilton Fringe Festival is a 12-day performance festival attracting over 20,000 people annually and is based on a few guiding principles: the festival is unjuried and accessible and promotes artistic freedom, inclusivity, diversity, and multiculturalism.
In 2020, the Hamilton Fringe Festival will feature an EXPANDED Visual Fringe, hosted in multiple locations throughout Hamilton. Confirmed venues are: Redchurch Cafe + Gallery (68 King St E), Relay Coffee (27 King William St), Vintage Coffee Roasters (977 King St E).
- Applications must be received by Thursday April 15, 2020.
- Artists will be drawn by lottery on Friday April 16, 2020 via live stream, 2pm EST.
- The Hamilton Fringe will assign venues to artists and confirm the venue location with the artist on or before Friday May 1, 2020.
- Artists will have an opportunity to see their hanging space, once their venue is confirmed. The Hamilton Fringe will be in touch with artists to coordinate venue visits during the week of May 4-8, 2020.
- Pieces must delivered to your confirmed gallery location on or before Friday June 26, 2020.
- Artists must be available to assist with the installation of their piece(s): Friday June 26-Monday June 29, 2020 (exact date TBC with your venue).
- Exhibits can be disassembled between Monday July 27-Friday August 7, 2020. All pieces MUST be removed on or before August 7, 2020. Neither the Hamilton Fringe nor the venue is responsible for items left after that date.
The Basics Including Fees:
- Artists will receive 4 feet by 4 feet of running wall space, to display multiple pieces OR a single piece.
- All pieces must be wall based.
- Only one application per artist is allowed.
- An artist accepted into the Hamilton Fringe Festival cannot sell or transfer their spot to another artist. If an artist is found to have done this, both artists will be removed from the festival.
- There are 12 artists spaces available and will be selected by lottery. After the quota has been filled, up to six artists will be drawn and put on a waitlist. Should any artist withdraw, the next artist on the list will be contacted to fill their place.
- Artists will be selected by random draw and aired via Facebook live stream on Friday, April 16, 2020 @ 2pm EST. Results will be posted on social media and hamiltonfringe.ca within 72 hours, and selected participants will be contacted in the following days. The live stream will be viewable immediately and will be found in the “Videos” tab of the Hamilton Fringe Facebook page.
- A non-refundable $10 application fee is required, by PayPal or by cheque (cheques must be received within 10 days of online submission, otherwise submission will be considered invalid). Cheques must be made payable to “Hamilton Festival Theatre Company”. There is no additional fee to participate in Visual Fringe, if you are selected.
- Artists may be for exhibit only, or offer pieces for sale. No commission will be collected, however there may be transaction fees from online sales.
Click HERE to apply