Hamilton Fringe Festival 2021
30+ companies offer a bold and innovative slate of shows over 12 days in July.
Our 17th summer festival, the 2021 Hamilton Fringe Festival features
shows both online and outdoor live-at-a-distance.
Prefer a printed program? Grab one for yourself or a handful for your friends at one of our Program Pick-Up Locations!
This summer, the Hamilton Fringe Festival will share the biggest offering of unabashed and unjuried theatre produced right here in Hamilton. Offered online or live-at-a-distance, the stories shared will be as diverse as the responses and experiences had over the last year. There will be something for everyone in the family––for kids, teens, and adults in every genre––so we hope you cast to your TV, tune into your laptop, or order to your door an experience that is sure to remind you of the human conditions in all its heartfelt, funny, and fringy forms.
Hamilton Fringe looks forward to celebrating a joyful, playful, provocative, self-reflective slate of performances and community-focused events from July 14-25, 2021.
This year, the Hamilton Fringe Festival includes the following unjuried performance series:
THEATRE ON DEMAND
- Remember plays ON AN ACTUAL STAGE? Catch full-length Fringe plays performed and recorded live on stage! Streaming on-demand throughout the festival.
FAMILY FRINGE ON DEMAND
- A Family Fringe play recorded LIVE ONSTAGE for the whole family to enjoy. Streaming on-demand throughout the festival.
- 40-minute online Fringe offerings to satisfy any taste! This series also includes our BYOV² (Bring Your Own Virtual Venue) offerings. Streaming on-demand throughout the festival.
SKIP THE GLITCHES
- Back by popular demand, our theatrical curbside delivery series returns. Order a 20-minute performance right to your front lawn. Click here for Skip The Glitches booking instructions.
In addition to our unjuried shows, the festival also features:
- A sneak peak at our new series launching officially in 2022 and originally scheduled for our outdoor stage (NOW ONLINE). The new Fringe All-Access series will feature a free performance event, selected by our Community Curators Circle made up of arts enthusiasts from across disciplines and to represent the diversity of our artistic and local community. Fringe All-Access shows are presented in such a way as to offer access to as wide an array of people as possible.
- In addition, the Hamilton Fringe Festival will once again offer exciting Fringe Club programming for Fringers of all ages as part of our DIGITAL FRINGE CLUB and KIDS CLUB CAMP online and in person at the Fringe Club Patio.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Tickets will be offered in a tiered Pay-What-You-Can-Afford pricing model, ranging from $5-$20 along with a variety of multi-show pass options. As always, 100% of ticket revenue is paid directly to artists. Please note: All Fringers must make a one-time purchase of a Digital Fringe Backer ‘Button’ for $5.
Accessibility remains a focus of Hamilton Fringe. A number of shows will incorporate ASL interpretation, closed captioning, and/or transcriptions. The on-demand streaming format allows a more relaxed performance experience for audiences and we will continue our work to actively invite underserved audiences to take part in the Fringe experience.
A NOTE ABOUT HAMILTON FRINGE AND COVID-19
The Hamilton Fringe prioritizes the health, safety, and accessibility of our artists, audiences, staff, volunteers, and community partners. As such, our plans for the 2021 Hamilton Fringe Festival continue to take all public health guidelines and government guidance into consideration. Our current preparations for the festival period reflect the best information we have going into the summer 2021 period, and are based on ongoing consultation with the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). Click here for our COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines.