Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase
2021 SHORT FILM SUBMISSIONS are now closed.
Films on the Fringe, presented by the Downtown Hamilton Business Improvement Area, offers Hamiltonians two opportunities to enjoy films under the stars at our new expanded outdoor Fringe Club at John Rebecca Park (76 John St N).
We are currently seeking short films by Canadian filmmakers to screen at the fourth annual Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase event on Friday, July 16, 2021. The winning filmmaker will receive a cash prize of $200. The winner and two-runners up will each receive a Fringe Binge Pass for the 2021 Festival (access to six shows of the user’s choice) and a Frequent Frost Pass for Frost Bites 2022 (unlimited access to Frost Bites 2022).
Rules and Regulations:
- Online application form (this form) must be completed in full
- Run time may not exceed 24 minutes, including credits
- Open to all genres
- Acceptable film submission formats: URL to film (not password protected, able to be downloaded) or DVD sent by mail
- Applicants may submit up to two projects (note: a separate application form/payment is required for each project)
- Applicants must reside in Canada
- A jury comprised of industry professionals will be appointed to select one winner and two runners-up
- The long-list of works selected to be screened will be announced in our newsletter and on social media a minimum of 7 days in advance of the event (on or before Friday, July 9, 2021 )
- The winner and two runners-up will be announced live at the Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase event on Friday, July 16, 2021
- Submissions are due by Thursday, May 27, 2021
- A non-refundable application fee of $15 applies to all submissions, to be paid via PayPal OR cheque (cheques must be received within 10 days of online submission, otherwise submission will be considered invalid)
- Any current members of the corporation of the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company (“The Hamilton Fringe Festival”, “Hamilton Fringe”) are not eligible to participate in this contest
- Questions can be directed to [email protected]