Box Office F.A.Q.
Box Office Frequently Asked Questions
- I ordered online and I have received my order confirmation from Eventbrite. What do I do now?
- Your private ticket links are contained in your order confirmation email. Scroll down to the bottom of the email until you see “Additional Information” and “About Your Tickets”. Keep scrolling – it’s all the way down at the bottom. The live stream will begin within 10 minutes of the scheduled start date and time (most shows begin right on time, but please allow up to 10 minutes for tech set up). You can click on the link, or copy and paste it into your browser. Enjoy!
- I ordered online and my credit card/PayPal was charged, but I did NOT receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite.
- I didn’t get a 24 hour reminder notice!
- Reminder emails are sent at 9am, the day before the scheduled start time of an event. If you purchase a ticket after that time, your order confirmation is all you need.
- If you do not have your order confirmation email or a reminder notice, please email [email protected] and a box office team member will look into the issue.
- I missed the start time of my Stream Out Loud show. Can I still watch it?
- Absolutely! Once the online premiere has aired, your private link grants you access to watch (or re-watch!) at your own convenience until August 9th.
- If you are late to the live online premiere of the show, you may join the stream late. However, you cannot restart the event. Once it is over, you can restart and re-watch the show whenever you like.
- The show was supposed to start, but nothing’s happening. What’s going on?
- Every show has a unique link, and each link has a specific start time. Please allow up to ten minutes for the stream to go live, as we switch over following the previous scheduled show. All of the shows run back-to-back, and our tech team may need a little bit of time to make sure everything is ready for you to have a great online show. Think of it like the lights dimming, the curtain rising, and everyone shushing their neighbours – just like live theatre. Although in online theatre, many of our events have a live chat option which means you can share your reactions and responses as soon as you have them, no shushing required and chatting is encouraged!
- Viewing with WiFi or over cellular data may be too slow. Try setting all your devices to airplane mode, except the one you are trying to view the show on. An ethernet cable hardwired into your modem or router is the most stable connection. Unfortunately the Hamilton Fringe cannot account for internet connectivity at a ticketbuyer’s location.
- After July 26th: all links should be accessible until August 9th. Contact the box office if your link is playing incorrectly.
- I need to speak with someone directly. How can I reach the box office?
- The remote box office is open from 10am-10pm daily, July 21st to July 26th. You can reach a box office team member by emailing [email protected]. Emails sent between 4:30pm-7pm will be replied to within 15 minutes. Emails sent from 10am-4:30pm or after 7pm will be replied to within one hour. If you include your phone number in your email, the box office manager will either reply to your email or phone you (if you would prefer to be contacted by phone, please indicate that in your email).
- You can phone the Hamilton Fringe office at 289-698-2234, leave a voicemail, and a box office team member will follow up within two hours.
- After July 26th: your email / voicemail will be replied to within two business days.
A NOTE ON TICKET PRICING:
This festival was created in response to the global pandemic. WHAT THE FEST?! recognizes that both our audiences and the artists performing may be under more financial stress than usual. With this in mind, WHAT THE FEST?! is using a Pay-What-You-Can-Afford ticketing model for online events.
All Digital Fringe Club events and live streams are available online for FREE.
For our ticketed online series Stream Out Loud, you get to choose which of three price points you’re able to pay. We offer a $2 accessible option, a standard $7 ticket, and a “support the artist” ticket for $15. For those who are looking to give a little more, you can also “Tip the Artist” to show your support.
Skip The Glitches tickets start at $40 for up to four (4) household audience members. Additional audience members are $10 each, up to the maximum permitted by current public health guidelines. Please note that all ticket-buyers and audience members must strictly adhere to all physical distancing and public health guidelines. Public gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 individuals; ticket quantities will reflect how many audience members may be present, as the total of 10 includes performers and crew.
If you’d prefer to see a Skip The Glitches show online, Skip The Glitches – On Demand allows audiences to watch a pre-recorded stream of the show of your choice. (See “Stream Out Loud” for pricing information.)
100% of ticket revenue (including artist tips) goes directly to the artists.
HOW TO ACCESS TICKETED ONLINE EVENTS:
You will receive an email with a private link to the online performance upon completion of ticket booking, and a reminder 24 hours before the live stream event. This link is specific to each individual ticket buyer and may not be shared or distributed. The live stream will begin at the time indicated on your digital ticket. Following the live stream, the performance will be available to stream on-demand until August 9, 11:59pm ET.
Please add Eventbrite to your safe sender/accepted emails list. If you DO NOT receive an email with the link and it is less than 24 hours before the scheduled start time, please contact [email protected].
(SOLD OUT!) HOW TO ORDER A SKIP THE GLITCHES LIVE SHOW:
Never ordered a live theatrical performance to your doorstep? There’s just a few things you should know before ordering!
- Skip The Glitches delivers anywhere within Hamilton City Wards 1 – 8. (CLICK HERE to confirm you are in our delivery zone!)
- Ticket buyers must provide access to a functional outdoor electrical outlet or an extension cable run from a functional indoor outlet to the outdoor performance area.
- Shows must be ordered at least 48 hours before your desired delivery date.
- 24 hours before the performance arrives at your home, you will receive a personalized email from [email protected] confirming the approximate delivery time of your Skip The Glitches show. (Please note that delivery times will fall somewhere between 6:15pm and 10:00pm on your delivery date.)
- All performances are 20 minutes or less in duration.
- Performances take place rain or shine (unless deemed unsafe by an on-site WHAT THE FEST?! representative).
As part of the booking process, we’ll need you to answer a few questions to ensure your delivery experience is the best it can possibly be! We may reach out to confirm some details while we process your order.
SPECIAL DELIVERY for LIVE SHOWS: Add a Core Mix 6 Pack valued at $19.95 for only $10. Thanks to the generous donation of product by Collective Arts Brewing, all proceeds go back to the artists. Collective Arts Brewing beers include: Audio Visual, Rhyme and Reason, Hazy State, Life in the Clouds, Ransack the Universe, and Jam Up The Mash. Contactless delivery! (Someone 19+ must be home with an ID to receive.)