WHAT THE FEST?! (2020 archive)
What is WHAT THE FEST?!
Hamilton Fringe presents WHAT THE FEST?!, running July 21-26, a direct response to the COVID-19 related cancellation of the 2020 Hamilton Fringe Festival providing digital and physically distant performances by artists originally scheduled to perform in the 2020 Hamilton Fringe Festival.
Streamlined in scope and innovative in its approach, WHAT THE FEST?! offers audiences three entertainment initiatives geared to life in the age of COVID.
The Hamilton Fringe is not affiliated with WTFest in Brantford, ON.
For the full schedule of events, Click Here.
STREAM OUT LOUD
- Stream Out Loud is our series of online ticketed performances by local artists. Watch it live or within two weeks of festival closing. Music, theatre, radio dramas—check back soon to find our what our artists have waiting in the digital wings!
SKIP THE GLITCHES
- A theatrical curbside delivery! Skip The Glitches gives audience members the opportunity order a short performance right to their home, choosing from a menu of shows designed to adhere to all physical distancing guidelines.
DIGITAL FRINGE CLUB
- The Digital Fringe Club is our FREE daily online series of live and recorded events. The lineup features interactive Kids Club programming, behind-the-scenes chats with Hamilton artists, game nights, musical performances, and more.
Visual Fringe artists: Jimyn the Singing Mime, Dylan Duarte, Susan Robinson, Angela Schwarzer, Max Makes Art, Lisa Pijuan-Nomura aka GirlCanCreate.
- Shorts Showcase longlist available here.
In addition to a six-day schedule of wild and unjuried Fringe-style performances, WHAT THE FEST?! has the added benefit of supporting local artists when they might need it most.
For the full schedule of events Click Here.
A NOTE ON TICKET PRICING:
This festival was created in response to the global pandemic. WHAT THE FEST?! recognizes that both our audiences and the artists performing may be under more financial stress than usual. With this in mind, WHAT THE FEST?! is using a Pay-What-You-Can-Afford ticketing model for online events.
All Digital Fringe Club events and live streams are available online for FREE.
For our ticketed online series Stream Out Loud, you get to choose which of three price points you’re able to pay. We offer a $2 accessible option, a standard $7 ticket, and a “support the artist” ticket for $15. For those who are looking to give a little more, you can also “tip the artist” to show your support.
Skip The Glitches tickets start at $40 for up to four (4) household audience members. Additional audience members are $10 each, up to the maximum permitted by current public health guidelines. Please note that all ticket-buyers and audience members must strictly adhere to all physical distancing and public health guidelines. Public gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 individuals; ticket quantities will reflect how many audience members may be present, as the total of 10 includes performers and crew.
If you’d prefer to see a Skip The Glitches show online, Skip The Glitches – On Demand allows audiences to watch a pre-recorded stream of the show of your choice. (See “Stream Out Loud” for pricing information.)
100% of ticket revenue (including artist tips) goes directly to the artists.
HOW TO ACCESS TICKETED ONLINE EVENTS:
You will receive an email with a private link to the online performance upon completion of ticket booking, and a reminder 24 hours before the live stream event. This link is specific to each individual ticket buyer and may not be shared or distributed. The live stream will begin at the time indicated on your digital ticket. Following the live stream, the performance will be available to stream on-demand until August 9, 11:59pm ET.
Please add Eventbrite to your safe sender/accepted emails list. If you DO NOT receive an email with the link and it is less than 24 hours before the scheduled start time, please contact [email protected].
(SOLD OUT!) HOW TO ORDER A SKIP THE GLITCHES LIVE SHOW:
Never ordered a live theatrical performance to your doorstep? There’s just a few things you should know before ordering!
- Skip The Glitches delivers anywhere within Hamilton City Wards 1 – 8. (CLICK HERE to confirm you are in our delivery zone!)
- Ticket buyers must provide access to a functional outdoor electrical outlet or an extension cable run from a functional indoor outlet to the outdoor performance area.
- Shows must be ordered at least 48 hours before your desired delivery date.
- 24 hours before the performance arrives at your home, you will receive a personalized email from [email protected] confirming the approximate delivery time of your Skip The Glitches show. (Please note that delivery times will fall somewhere between 6:15pm and 10:00pm on your delivery date.)
- All performances are 20 minutes or less in duration.
- Performances take place rain or shine (unless deemed unsafe by an on-site WHAT THE FEST?! representative).
As part of the booking process, we’ll need you to answer a few questions to ensure your delivery experience is the best it can possibly be! We may reach out to confirm some details while we process your order.
SPECIAL DELIVERY for LIVE SHOWS: Add a Core Mix 6 Pack valued at $19.95 for only $10. Thanks to the generous donation of product by Collective Arts Brewing, all proceeds go back to the artists. Collective Arts Brewing beers include: Audio Visual, Rhyme and Reason, Hazy State, Life in the Clouds, Ransack the Universe, and Jam Up The Mash. Contactless delivery! (Someone 19+ must be home with an ID to receive.)
An in-your-face festival from (at least) 6 feet away!
Hamilton Fringe presents WHAT THE FEST?! is funded in part by Celebrate Ontario, a program of the Government of Ontario.